“The mission of Wolf River Lutheran High School is to provide a quality, Bible-based Christian high school education which will prepare students to attain their life goals and to lead productive Christian lives in an ever-changing world under God’s grace in Jesus Christ.”
WRLHS welcomes students of all faiths who wish to benefit from a Lutheran secondary education.
OUR CORE TENETS
Our teachers strive daily to:
Engage our students in academically, socially, and spiritually meaningful ways
- Through a curriculum that meets or exceeds state and regional standard
- Through an extra-curricular program that provides opportunities for personal growth
- Through an emphasis on God’s plan for salvation through His son, Jesus Christ
Equip our students with the skills necessary for success
- By keeping abreast of the latest trends and issues impacting the education of teens
- By working in close partnership with the home
- By stressing the importance of personal accountability
Empower our students to use their God-given talents to serve others
- By emphasizing the need for compassion and healing in a world dominated by sin
- By teaching the doctrine of sanctification (living life as a Christian)
- By providing opportunities to serve those in need
Energize our students with the joy of Christian living
- By modeling our love for God and our commitment to serve His will
- By celebrating the blessings given to us by God
- By encouraging the belief that ALL Christians serve the Church
THE VALUE OF A CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
At Wolf River Lutheran High School…
- The Bible and its teachings are taken seriously.
- No topic or curriculum is outside the Word of God or His will.
- Truth is seen as absolute.
- God’s sovereignty and Christ’s Kingship are acknowledged and celebrated.
- The Christian worldview is taught as something that can make a positive difference in the world today.
- Students are embraced as sinners in need of God’s grace in Christ.
- Students are given a strong foundation in a society of shifting values and morals.
- Students are taught critical thinking and given the courage to explore the world from the perspective of God’s teachings.
- Students are encouraged to discover and use their God-given gifts and talents to serve God and others.
- Healthy partnerships are formed with parents to help nurture the spiritual and intellectual growth of their children.
WRLHS is affiliated with the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS). Our philosophy of education is based upon the Holy Scriptures as the Word of God and centers upon Jesus Christ to whom all Scriptures bear witness and upon the Lutheran Confessions as taught in the Book of Concord as a true and meaningful exposition of the Christian faith. For more information, please see LCMS Beliefs and Practice.